Software Product Manager:
The Software Product Manager will define, track, plan and document business features and functionality for a new software service. This position will be primarily responsible for software Business Analyst and Project Management duties. We are looking for an action oriented individual who draws upon deep experience and is highly capable of translating business needs into workable technology solutions. This position will join a great team working on new exciting software service.
The Software Product Manager responsibilities:
- Review, create and seek approval for software requirement specifications.
- Maximize business value.
- Ruthlessly prioritize features according to business operation needs as well as strategic business goals.
- Organize, maintain, and communicate the product roadmap and vision with all stakeholders, from executive leadership to development.
- Analyzes market and competitive conditions.
- Be the voice of the user by understanding the system better than anyone else.
- Maintain and communicate MS Project Plans and JIRA release-logs.
- Maintain a close relationship with all assigned project and product stakeholders.
- Facilitate daily collaborative communication with the project team.
- Help manage user acceptance, release, and roll out of new features.
- Train Users, client support, and quality assurance team members on product features.
- Contribute to software testing and quality assurance.
- Demonstrate product for sales prospects as required.
Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must be able to practice and embrace the company’s vision and core values as listed below.
Our Vision: LEAD | DRIVE | STANDARDIZE | MAXIMIZE
LEAD – PEOPLE // TECHNOLOGY
DRIVE – SOLUTIONS // PERFORMANCE
STANDARDIZE – PROCESSES // WORKFLOWS
MAXIMIZE – REVENUE // OPERATIONAL INTELLIGENCE
Our Core Values:
- INTEGRITY + ACTING WITH INTEGRITY = DOING THE RIGHT THING. ALWAYS. EVEN WHEN IT’S HARD AND EVEN WHEN NO ONE IS LOOKING. BEING FAIR AND HONEST IN ALL INTERACTIONS
- GOAL ORIENTED + ACCEPTING DIRECTION & SUPPORTING GOALS = SETTING OUR SITES ON A TARGET. ADJUSTING WHEN WE MISS. AND TRY AGAIN, BEING PROACTIVE, INCLUSIVE AND RESPONSIVE… ALL TO PRODUCE BUSINESS OUTCOMES THAT ARE DELIVERED ON TIME, ON BUDGET, AND BEYOND EXPECTATIONS.
- CUSTOMER FOCUS + DELIVERING HIGH QUALITY WORK = FOCUSING ON THE NEED OF THE CUSTOMER, ALWAYS. BEING RESPECTFUL OF INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL AUDIENCES… TREAT EVERY COLLEAGUE, VERY PATIENT, EVERY CUSTOMER THE WAY YOU WOULD TO BE TREATED… EVERYTIME.
- CONTINOUS QUALITY IMPROVEMENT + ACCEPTING RESPONSIBILITY = NEVER MAKING TH ESAME MISTAKE TWICE. GETTING BETTER EVERYDAY.
- INNOVATION + ADAPTING TO CHANGE = MAKING THE OCCASIONAL MISTAKE. AND LEARNING FROM IT. SOLVING PROBLEMS WE DIDN’T EVEN KNOW EXISTED
- 7+ years of industry experience in software development.
- 5+ years of relevant and current Software Product Management experience.
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong business awareness and proven ability to translate business requirements into quality technical solutions.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong relational database proficiency using SQL.
Technical Skills/Minimum Requirements:
- Experience in all phases of the software development cycle: requirements analysis, functional design, technical design, implementation, documentation, software QA, User Experience UX, maintenance, and support.
- Practical knowledge analyzing data using reporting software, spreadsheets, and SQL.
Preferred Additional Experience:
- Knowledge of the Public Safety industry including EMS and Fire operations.
- Bachelor degree in an appropriate discipline required (e.g., computer science, engineering design or marketing)
- Experience as a product owner or business analyst in a scrum team.
Utilizes PC, calculator, and other standard office equipment.
The following activity may be applicable to perform the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodations of this position.
__X__ Sitting __90__% __X__ Walking__2.5_%
__X__ Standing ___5__% __X__ Bending__2.5_%
__X__ Lifting __50__ lbs __X__ Computer__90__%